Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, January 29, 2010

And finally Friday ends....

So its been quite a week...and finally Friday ends. This week we've seen rooster brawls, goats finding new and exciting ways to try and die.... general barnyard mayhem.....bitter cold.  Good times.  Day 29 of my Winter Incarceration is ending and we can only hope for an uneventful day tomorrow.

But on the upside.. Fred the rooster is doing great. He is hanging out with the barn cats in the garage, my little goatie did not kid yet nor did she flop over dead, and there is some semblance of order in the disorderly ducks (I didn't even mention this as there wasn't any.. well there wasn't MUCH blood spilled).  Still hoping to survive the full moon. And I still can't believe the geese are the best behaved of the lot.

I got some tips on how to set up the goatshed just in case my little goatie drops her babies early. I'll work on that when we get a bit warmer. But she looks to be in the clear.

Just in case, tho,  SOMEONE (*ahem*) kindly provided me with a goat curry recipe.  You know who you are.  That's cold, baby, just plain cold. But hey, I'll hang onto it just in case.

No wonder my sister won't eat anything at my house!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...