And now for something entirely self-indulgent... Gardening! I can't wait for this:
One of my goals for this blog is to keep a gardening/farm journal. Maybe you'll get some ideas also.
My garden notes for today:
* We've had two days over 45* ...and its nothing but mud soup out there.
* We completed the fencing for the upper garden; including the gates to keep the chickens out.
* Finished trimming and staking grape vines; and clean up
* Finished trimming fruit trees
* Planted some peas, radishes, and red kale; may not make it
* No sign of peonies or asparagus; some garlic has sprouted
* Mini-greenhouses (upside down plastic water bottles) over misc marigolds and the last broccoli standing; some swiss chard is left and hanging on
My farm notes for today:
* Tom turkeys are in a constant 'smack down'
* Turkey Momma is standing out there screaming non-stop; I think she is going to start laying
* No goose or duck eggs yet
* Still no new goats