Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, November 28, 2010

One last use for leftovers...

Have just a few leftovers left over? How about a quick breakfast before you get out there?


I made this hash from the last nibs of stuffing, some cut into bite size turkey, extra carrots and onions, extra stock to moisten...and served with an egg on top. Of course I had some greens sauteed in garlic and olive oil. It was the perfect post turkey day breakfast. And don't tell anyone - I had white bread toast! I saved some from making the stuffing (don't worry - I'm making my own bread tomorrow).

Quick! Run out there and see if you have just a few leftovers left - then fry them up in a pan.

Happy left over breakfast everyone!  And now I think we are done with leftovers.

4 comments:

Grandpa said...

This should be tastier and healthier than 'Nasi Lemak' , esp for the elderly like me...

Mr. H. said...

Now your talking.:) That is my kind of breakfast, anything called hash with an egg on top and greens, garlic, and onions underneath makes me happy.

Chai Chai said...

Wait, the pigs are gone, right?

We have had turkey soup, turkey omelets, turkey sandwiches, turkey on cheese and crackers, and tonight - turkey dreams!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh golly, Grandpa.. you really know how to make a girl want to jump right up and make some coconut rice and top it with some anchovies! Actually... I've got a hunger for fried rice so I'll start a pot of barley (which I like better than regular rice).

I love hash.. roasted beets would have made it perfect... I'm working on that one for Second Breakfast today.

NO, CC! them stupid pigz are still out there. But all their problems will be over soon enough... very very soon. Come to momma, Bacon!

ps dont forget turkey enchiladas.. there is something about turkey and mexically spices that is just delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...