Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why I'm happy today - Little Red!

Isn't she a beaut!?!  Meet Little Red... my new favorite thing!

Nothing is worse than having the wrong tools for the job. For the last couple seasons I've been doing hard labor with a professional construction sized wheelbarrow and it just hasn't worked out very well. With me being as short as I am, having an extra heavy wheelbarrow just makes it all the harder to trolly around a load of gravel.

So I finally got off my wallet and paid that $35 to have all my problems solved with this little gem. She handles like a dream. Sure I gotta make a few more trips because of the smaller carrying capacity. But its easier than doing one huge load.

For today's sunny Sunday I'm hauling gravel, mucking out the hen house, and sweeping out the goat yard with my new favorite tool Any body else having a grand old time?

Happy Sunday everyone!

5 comments:

freemotion said...

Supposed to rain today, so I'm planning indoor work....but your shiny new toy inspires me. Maybe I'll get a bit done outside before the skies open up!

Vanessa said...

We have the same wheel barrow and used it this weekend to move 5 cubic yards of mulch.

David said...

Looks just like mine! Only new and shiny... Had a grand day puttering and making sausage!

small farm girl said...

She's a beut!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

I love my new wheelbarrow, Free, whoot!

Isn't it great, Vanessa?

Yay Dave, sounds like a great day!

Thanks SFG.. its my new favorite thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...