Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Happy Snaps

I'm really enjoying the new camera!  Here are a few happy snaps from around the farm.

 Nibbles could be grazing but she's eating out of the wheelbarrow instead.

Just last weekend we had a fire and were snuggled inside trying to stay warm but summer briefly returned at its been just beautiful. Almost 80* today!

My poor crazy turkey hen, Runner. She always molts this time of year. She looks hideous.

We found an apple tree in our yard! Down where we've been clearing. It actually had fruit this year.

Pretty Dahli in a rare moment of not being ridiculous.


Lucky always sleeps curled up like a baby. He was giving me cute looks the other day.


and Nicholas strikes a pose for Chai Chai....

Happy Wednesday everyone! Is anyone else going to be outside today? I got a new rake and tons of leaves to use it on!


3 comments:

Linda said...

good find on the apple tree :D

Heavens Door Acres said...

Great pictures! Oh, and you found an apple tree!? I take it this is not an area you frequent!? LOL Pretty good looking apples too! I am planning to spend this beautiful day outside collecting fire wood before the rain comes in a few days. Happy Wednesday!

David said...

And I spent the warm days - yesterday and today. sitting at a desk. That's nice on the apple tree! didja taste them? pig feed?
The pics look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...