Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, March 17, 2016

The greening of spring

I dunno.... I might declare winter over. Of course, that will probably mean it will snow next week but for now I'm going with "mostly over."

This lilac thinks it's spring. 

For the last several days we've had the windows open and I've been outside in a t-shirt and shorts. While I love summer better than spring... this has been pretty good.

These late planted turnips are starting to send up some greens.

Everything has suddenly turned green and we are all enjoying the sunshine.

The good news is that Ti is now off his pain meds and has made peace with the newer bed. Unfortunately, the cats had gotten used to sleeping on that bed so I have to keep chasing them off it so Ti can lay down.

As for me, I think I'm back also. I got new shoes and most of my mobility back. Let's hope we are all over our fally-downy disease.

I'd like to get some potatoes and onions going but we have been soaked with rain lately. If it will stay dry I think we will be in business. I don't know about you but I'm just about tired of store produce. I can't wait for the first salad of the year.

Happy Thursday everyone! Is your spring greening?


3 comments:

Vera said...

Things are waking up here, but my shorts and t shirts are still packed away for the moment!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

it's so nice to be outside, Vera!
:-)

CottontailFarm said...

I do hope it's spring for real. Planted section of the garden this week: radishes, carrots, chard and all kinds of leafy greens. Also about 10 lbs potato that were growing away in the basement. Eggs in the incubator and 14 (hopefully, from TSC) meat chicks in a brooder. If it's NOT spring then I am up a ceek without a paddle for sure. I get it about store produce. It seems like this time of year it"s impossible to find anything in this small town that looks edible, just when my body really really wants vitamins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...