Yesterday I really needed a little pick me up - so I was thrilled when Weekend Cowgirl gave me the Versatile Blogger Award!
Thanks baby! You all know Weekend Cowgirl, don't you? She's the one with the spectacular Buttermilk Pie...and she has a beautiful blog.
So here are the rules - thank the person who gave you the award and pass the award on to ten blogs. Then you must give seven fun facts about yourself.
I've thought about this all day and... seven things you don't already know? Golly! I thought I told you everything about myself here. But here are a few extra things...
1. I walk like a trucker, I swear like a drunken sailor, and I'm hell with an axe. But I consider myself a traditional wife and I don't feel bad about it.
2. I like meat. Especially bacon. Heck, I pretty much just about any kind of meat off a pig. But not head cheese.
3. I used to go to Paris every year when I had my big life. I'd take a journal to write in and drink as much coffee as humanly possible in my 3 days on the ground.
4. In all the years I lived on the Left Coast I never ate sushi. I'm just to Mid West for that kinda thing. One time I mistakenly ordered "seared ahi" and I made them take it back and cook it. The server nearly died. But I didn't ask for tarter sauce so I think I did OK.
5. My BFF is the polar opposite of me - but she understands every beat of my heart. I'm blessed by such a dear friend.
6. I don't need to look at a recipe for most of the food I cook. So either I need to find some new fun things to make for supper or I have an eidetic memory for all things food related.
7. My pal SD might be right.... I might be a dog person after all.
I've decided to send some bloggy love to some folks you may or may not know about. So without further ado....
Summer Sweet Farm at These Two Hands
Ian at Life on an Acreage
Contadina's at Contadina's Blog
Veggie PAK at Back Yard Organic Vegetables
Janis at Animal Instinct
Kristin at Going Country
Katie at katiegirlkate
sfg at Small Farm Girl
David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener
Thy Hand Hath Provided (My go to place for all things canning!)
Thanks again to Weekend Cowgirl - and happy thursday everyone!