Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, July 29, 2011

Hot dogs!

Thanks for all the well wishes, friends... I've just about recovered but this has been a long boring week for me. Hopefully I'll be back to full speed in a day or so. But life goes on and chores need to be done so there's no rest for the barfy. Onward.

From this morning.....

Remember when Kai was so little that she was only as big as Titan's head

 
Back then they could share a water bucket - now they both head for the big waterer.  And she's huge - she's nearly as big as he is...and she's not even close to being filled out but she stands just as tall.

We've really been working on her discipline lately. This "destructo" phase will probably go on for another six or 9 months....but she's been doing well.

Folks ask me how we can have dogs around our poultry - the answer is "hard work and discipline." She had a hard lesson in controlling her puppy self this week. But she's come a long way and is learning not to test her boundaries. As much. Oy!

Today she had to sit on the deck while all the good dogs played fetch. But when I went and got her she behaved and walked right past the duck that she'd love to have "just one little taste" of.... And then we all had a fun time.

She's a smiley girl and we love her.

Happy Friday everyone! Keep cool!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a sweet face!

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

? Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope you are back to full power soon!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks Tammy - she's something alright.

I'm back up to (mostly) full power now, Dave. thanks!

Ellie - I monkeyed up your comment but the answer is yes! you are exactly right. Feel free to email me directly for more info. I couldnt find a way to send you a note.
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...