Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, September 16, 2011

A Tale of Two Honeys...and more

Hey! Who turned off the summer!? This morning it was 39* glorious, sunny degrees.... now THAT'S a cool down. I'm enjoying it today..... but any minute now I'll be complaining about the cold and saying "Remember when it was summer and everyone was happy?"

Check it out......

A bottle of this year's and last year's honey. See the difference? This year's honey is darker - its on the left. We aren't sure what the beez were eating to make it darker.. but I sure tasted more "clover" than anything.  As you can see, whats blooming really affects the taste and color of honey.

In other news.......My friend "S" shared this with some of us yesterday. Its a great little short film and a wonderful reminder that a little bit of kindness goes a long way. Don't be afraid to share a little love if you have the chance, friends, sometimes the smallest gesture means the world to the person receiving it.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Good video! Just goes to show "what goes around comes around"

Chai Chai said...

"Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" honey. Dark on one side and light on the other...or is it the other way round?

Robin said...

Great video. It was 43 here this morning....but it was a beautiful day today. Great weather for getting things done outside!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Yep, Ginny, and a little love goes a long way.

CC - you have no idea whats coming... hee hee hee

Robin, I hate to say it but I'm loving this cooler weather. But I need another week above 70* to ripen my tomatoes!

Autumn said...

I'm finally allowed to help my Pap with his hives and maybe even have one to call my "own" this coming year, so I can't wait for honey! I love dark honey, and yours looks good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...