Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Pi Day!

I usually never remember but today I did - it's Pi Day! So don't forget to get or make or eat pie! So today I will be clearing my schedule and getting down to pie business. And don't forget to take the pie quiz.

It's not pie but it will do.

I didn't make pie yesterday but I did make this incredibly easy and extremely delicious bittersweet hot fudge sauce. It calls for two sweeteners but I only added the first measurement of sugar - I only used 1 1/2 cups.... and no honey. This was so easy and quick to make I can't believe I haven't done it before.

I guess I've tried other sauces but they never worked out - this one was perfect tho. I poured it - still a little warm - over this extraordinary ice cream. Then I put the rest in a pint jar and it set up really nicely. Perfect for eating by the spoonful right out of the fridge. (You know who you are who does this too....) I understand it might also be a breakfast food.

So happy Friday Pi Day everyone! Are you making pie?



1 comment:

Amanda said...

No! How could I forget Pi Day?? Well, there's always next year.

Have you ever had razzleberry pie? The filling is raspberries and blackberries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...