Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It really is coming....

It might not feel like it... but spring really is coming. Yesterday I went and looked at my peach tree and this is what I found...

Peach buds with little snow flakes.

Hopefully I'll have another banner year for peaches. Those tiny buds just might make it thru the cold. I talked to my orchard friends and they said we still have a long way to go. Here's to hoping.

In the meantime, we are in The Long Stretch.... it seems so far away and all I want to do is go outside. But it was 7* this morning... and I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. There could be freezing rain tomorrow followed by even more cold.

So what can you do? Keep busy. I have a lot of garden planning to do so that is fun. I'm also working on a 'clean out the basement' project. I received a fabulous gift of new shelves - and so I got those set up. Now comes the shuffling, sorting, and tossing. I got thru the first wave now I really need to get it finished up.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you keeping busy?


2 comments:

Vera said...

I do think that having a good clear out is good for the soul! And yes, we are as busy as ever and I have had no time to do any of the winter projects I promised myself I would do....but not to worry, there is always next winter!

Anonymous said...

i, too, hope you have a banner year, because maybe that would mean we would. no one around here (in NE ohio) had peaches last year, and i'm down to my last two bags in the freezer. i live between youngstown and the ohio river.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...