Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Good Land's Official Winter Drink: The Wind Chill Factor

Since we are all sitting around grumbling about the snow and the extreme cold I figured tonite would be the perfect time to reveal The Good Land's official drink of winter: The Wind Chill Factor.

 Isn't it beautiful? If you make it right it will separate into three colors. 

Someone gave us a bottle of "O'Donnells Original Irish Cream Cappuccino." I honestly don't even know what it is but I'm pretty sure it's the Aldi's version of Bailey's. More or less. Kinda.

Anyway, that really isn't something that appeals to either of us but we were assured to give it a try. So I did. And now it's mostly gone. Pour it over ice? Over ice cream? Nope.

My nifty milk frother makes perfect foam.

I created a new drink and I'm calling it "The Wind Chill Factor." Here's what I did... I made hot cocoa - the real stuff from the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa box. While that was heating up I used my nifty milk frother to whip up some cream (or half n half) in a small glass. There should be about a third of the glass full of whipped cream, then pour in about a third of the glass with the O'Donnells stuff, then carefully pour in the hot cocoa. There you have it!

I tried to search on O'Donnells but this is the closest I found. Maybe it's a seasonal flavor, this Cappuccino, but it's really terrific. Since this bottle is about gone we'll have to find where our friends bought it. Altho the origins are uncertain, one thing that is for sure is that this is now the official drink of winter.

Keep warm everyone!


2 comments:

David said...

nice idea!

Mama Mess said...

I have no idea what that stuff is, but I recognized one important word in your post....ALDI! Oh how I love my Aldi grocery! Here's hoping you are staying warm and snug, it's cold in KY too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...