Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not snow funny anymore...

This snow-pacolpse sucks. I'll just say it. It's not snow funny anymore and if ONE more flake falls from the sky I might just start shrieking uncontrollably.

Here's what global warming looks like:

Turkeys in the snow

 
OD and the crew hanging out in the bucket. Mostly OD comes out long enough for me to tell him how much I love him... then he screams at me and goes back in. That's him in front, Penny is the grey toulouse on the right, Junior is in front of the bucket, and Cindy is in the very back.


Before the current Ice Age this was the garden.


Here are Nanook of the North and his sidekick, Eskimo Pie.  In fact, the only ones who like the snow are the dogs. See how much fun they are having?




Self portrait: Abominable Snow Dork

4 comments:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

I am SO with you on this not snow funny anymore. I am sick to death of it.

Ha! Abominable Snow Dork made me laugh - a lot!

Penny

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks Penny! Seriously, I'm going to start screaming hysterically if this snow doesn't stop. Oh wait. It stopped...now its freezing rain....

Dave said...

Turkeys! How cool is that?

Neat site.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks Dave! Honestly we love the turkeys more than most of the critters. We found that all the legends are not true - they aren't dumb, they are kinda cute, and no they won't drown in the rain. We have a heritage breed called Bourbon Red..and heck, anything we 'bourbon' appeals to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...