Frying creepy meat up in a pan
The other day I took what I thought was a one half of a frozen turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw. What I discovered was that it was really JUST THREE breasts from our creepy meat chickens! I could only fit two in a standard 12 inch frying pan. WOW!
And I gotta say - they were tender and delicious. I pan fried the breasts then finished them in the oven on top of homemade savory bread pudding/dressing... Incredible. Just three breasts made 2 full meals for us (and we can eat!). They might be creepy but I dunno.. I might be sold on the food value. As farm-o-nomics goes.. this was an amazing value. I think the cost of goods was about a dollar (not including spices) for the entire meal.
Farm Notes: (Reminder these are my planting and journal notes on activities - sorry if they are boring)
* Planted the last possible row of sweetcorn in hillside garden. Sunflowers are at the east end from last year's grey stripe.
* Also planted last 2 row of sweetcorn in square garden by compost pile. Cukes are starting to spread out but the BOSS seeds did not sprout... or the birds got them.
* Added several hills of peppers (all varieties) as well as Ruetgers tomatoes, and one row of Cherokee Purple maters (love those).
* Since I'll never remember... the little square seed box is watermellon, Sugar baby
* The tri-box has Sage, Coneflower, and Tarragon seeds.
* Medium round green planter has lavender seeds. Last year's lavender was planted in flower spot in square garden.
* Started several cheeses...and got my supplies from Hoegger.
* Need to go and look for bodies.. we couldn't get all the ducks off the pond last nite as the storm was rolling in (we had to run for it). I don't love our storm season...
* Dang those little ducks are cute... I think we have a micro-duck!
Look out for all the storms, folks! And remember that cloud to ground lightening strikes are good for your garden!