Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How to Milk a Goat the Easy Way

I'm just saying.... there is more than one way to milk a goat.



This is Dahlia being milked. Not by me. And yes it counts as milking. Dahlia puts up with me letting the babies nurse off her. She's figured out that I control the snacks -and since she wants the snacks... she puts up with it. Sometimes I have to hold her but she's pretty careful about this little ones - she doesn't try and kick or hurt them.

And  they do a great job in their new positions of "Assistant Junior Milker, Apprentice Level One."

We might be going soft on these Too Cutes... they are pretty stinkin' cute. And the snuggles are pretty good. And their funny little noises... Oh geez.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Got pollen in the air? I might need some allergy stuff!

5 comments:

Mr. H. said...

"Assistant Junior Milker, Apprentice Level One"....too funny:)

Dreaming of Chickens said...

You might not be a goat snuggler, but you are a baby goat snuggler! I mean who could resit, right? They are adorable!

JeffJustJeff said...

I KNEW there was a goat snuggler in there somewhere! Give in to the goat side, OFG. LOL

Jody said...

I'm really having a hard time reading your posts about goats. We could get them, we need to get them, blah, blah, blah. They're still just out of reach.

David said...

Yea the allergies arew something feice -w e need some rain to wash the air

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...