Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Because they just keep getting cuter.....

This is what I found yesterday when I went to check on my momma duck and her babies....



They just keep getting cuter. The little black and yellow one is still much smaller than they others but he's trying to catch up. They are full of fun and happily peeping all around.

This is our last cool morning then the heat will be blazing. They already issued heat advisories and all kinds of weather warnings for tomorrow. We might hit 100*!  Then we'll be in the 90*'s for a while. And there is no real rain in sight.

The other day it occurred to me that I'm already done with the heat... and then it dawned on me that we still have three more months of hot weather. Drat. There will be some pretty fancy footwork here in the next couple days trying to keep everyone cool and watered.

Happy last cool morning everyone! Here comes the summer!


6 comments:

Robin said...

They sure are cute!!

Hey, I think Alvin is upset over all this publicity! Take a look over at my place!

Jody said...

How cute! We feel the same way about the weather. Drat! Thankfully we just finished a heat wave. It's been cool for several days now, and things look good. To bad we're not getting moisture. Lots of watering is going on here too.

Damummis said...

Oh, send some of that heat this way. I will try to send you rain. I have had more than enough.

David said...

I've seen goast do that but not ducks, they sure are cute! Seems we're int he same weather patter - hard enough to keep a small agrden watered - totally appreciate what you are doing with all the critters!

Reasonable Season (Me) said...

Aw, duckling cuteness! Love it. :)

Keep cool - hope you get a pleasant break in the heat!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Robin - I hope Alvin comes out of that box soon... ;-)

Jody - there is no rain at all. we are crispy here!

Damummis - I'll take a big box full! just pack it up and send it this way.

Thanks Dave, its a juggling act but so far so good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...