Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Little and Big

No matter how many times I see this....... I just love it.


How adorable is this? Little egg, big egg.  This isn't he smallest "whoopsie" egg that we've gotten but its still pretty cute especially compared to this bigg-ish egg. I'm always amazed at the variety of eggs we get from our ladies.

This little egg is called a "pullet" egg - its usually from when a very young her first starts laying eggs.. or when one of the hens who's finished molting re-starts laying again. We find these from time to time and they always crack me up.

A little housekeeping:  For a while yesterday I thought the comments problem with blogger had been resolved... but its not right again today. Apologies to everyone who has been kind enough to leave a message. Some folks have said they can't even get the comments to work at all. You are always welcome to send an email to me at ohiofarmg   at    g      mail  (dot) com.   Note its "g" not "girl - that gal is sick of getting my emails for sure!

Its been pouring rain for the last hour - just south of us. Here's hoping today its really going to happen. Come one rain!

Happy Sunday everyone!




7 comments:

David said...

We finally got a little less than half an inch last night. We need more but it's a start!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

just now there was some kind of loud, sustained "booming' that was happening.. and something... i coudlnt tell what it was.. some kind of drops of water were actually falling from the sky.. here's hoping!
:-D

Chai Chai said...

Hello, I have several hundred emails in my account and comments on my blog (http://ohiofarmgirl.blogspot.com/) that I think belong to you. I will be happy to forward them to you but I must say, I can't make heads or tails of most of them.

If I were you I would contact the authorities so they can track down the crazies that appear to be bothering you.

I inadvertently opened and perused a few of your messages, they are very strange. What is a Bat'leth? What in the world does it have to do with geese?

I have done some farming myself and I want you to know that 4H children are not veterinarians, they are children! Oh, and since it is Sunday I will remind you that Church is not a bazaar to shop your wears.

I must warn you that two of the emails are from lawyers representing Walmart and CosCo, they deal with something about yelling at cashiers, credit card this and that, and prescription refills?.

I also received a parking ticket in the mail claiming that I parked my red truck (I own no such thing) ON the curb in town!

Do you run a bakery? I can only assume so as so many of the comments reference pie.

Thank you for your service! From what I can glean from your emails you must be a combat veteran who has seen a lot of action. As a single woman I would like to ask about your friend Colonel Tai, is he single as well?

Thank you, signed; the original Ohio Farm Girl.

p.s. What does "Punic" stand for? Is it dirty?

Ohiofarmgirl said...

CC - that gal does not think i'm funny AT ALL. she finally told one of my friends that she was tired of hearing about her problems and to use the right freakin' email! ha! incidentally my pal thought i was mad at her b/c i "never wrote back"... ha!

Damummis said...

OOoo, Fart eggs, I love finding fart eggs.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

arent they hilarious, Damummis?

Mr. H. said...

That loud booming was me saying "Take some of ours, take some of ours!"...we got enough and have had enough rain to share.:) Happy Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...