Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Farmstand

Got some bargains at the local farmstand.... much better than that whole zucchini episode..

You can't beat beets!

I've been eating roasted beets in everything. And I get to make pickles today..... anyone else so happy to see folks selling extra produce at the farmstand at the end of their driveway?

Happy Tuesday everyone!


4 comments:

Vera said...

They sell produce at the end of the drives in the UK, but here it is not done. In fact I don't think that we have anywhere to go and buy bulk produce like you can, so I envy you being able to!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

is that a cultural thing, Vera? or is it regulated? everyone here get into the action.. it's really fun to see someone with a handmade sign for tomatoes. the place i like, tho, is a little shed at the end of a lane of one of my amish neighbors. they have a nice little set up and terrific produce.

Cottontailfarm said...

I scored some zucchini today at the feed mill, 50 cents each! Yes!
Also, friends of ours brought over beet "chips" yesterday. They were almost like sundried tomatoes. Have you tried them?

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Awesome, CTF!! 50 cents is the right price. :-) i'll have to check out beet chips - fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...