Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, July 11, 2016

The Great Shed is upon us....

Zander and Kai are both blowing their coats at the same time......

....it's a LOT of dog hair. 

Sooooo.... sooo much dog hair.  I could probably make a new dog with this.

It comes out in big Bub chunks. 

Kai does a funny wiggle when I'm brushing her out. The rake makes a lot of noise but it doesn't hurt her. Ti is the one panting and he's just mad that Kai is getting all of the attention.
#dogpolitics

Pretty much the entire world is covered in dog hair right now. I use one of these to get their coats brushed out. I think they look funny with out their under coats. I've been giving Kai funny brush outs... it's kind of like having a topiary.

Of course I'm gathering up all the fur to take out along the property line. We need to defeat the evil Bunny Empire. 

Happy Monday everyone! Are your dogs feeling the heat? Are they losing their fur in big hunks?


5 comments:

Kate said...

We could stuff mattresses with the dog furs, but I like to pretend I am doing something meaningful with it and just let it blow off the front porch so birds can use it.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

that totally is a thing, Kate. totally. :-D ha! actually i found quite a few birds nests lined with Bubby fur!

Vera said...

Our rottweiller girls have been shedding black hair all over the place for some time, which then gather up into rolls of black fluff which then eventually drift under the furniture if they are not swept up quick enough!

Unknown said...

Poor Gus has very short hair, but he's too big to come inside. So if course he sleeps outside in a pink dog coat. I'll make him a new one when he stops growing! Love the fur topiary idea though!

Rita B Caldwell said...

My elkhousnds always produced enough to make a few sweaters but I wasn't spinning then and only just learning now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...