Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, July 10, 2016

I love summer...... sweet corn!

This is it... summer is officially in full swing. Yesterday I got some of the first summer sweet corn.

The best way to make corn on the cob? Grill it. 

Earlier in the week someone gave me some fresh, ripe, sweet peaches. Peaches and sweet corn? It is definitely summer now. I love summer so much. The last couple days I've gotten up early in the 5am hour, worked outside, and have had a big grill up for dinner. There is nothing better.

It's been a hard week for our country. So I think it's important to remember there are a lot of good people in the world. During the recent tough days I had no fewer than three different people (strangers) call me "honey" or "dear" during normal conversations, a random person shared their blackberries with me, and while I was in the grocery parking lot a man cut me off as he was leaving. We happened to be at the same traffic light and he got out of his van, walked back to my car... and apologized.

There are a lot of good people out there. We should not be overwhelmed by the evil that some do. If you are feeling helpless in the face of these hard days then be the change you want to see. Reach out to someone who needs it. Go out of your way to help someone else - even if it is something small, like taking their grocery cart back for them. Don't wait for others to make things better - you make things better in your own world.

We are all in this together. Now get out there and enjoy summer!

What's on your grill?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...