Under the heading of "fastest farm notes ever".... we are so tired! Worked very hard today and I'm "TTTT" (Too Tired To Type) and my friend, Eliza, and I say....
* Mollee keeps sitting on her eggs are nite...but during the day she is up and around
* Miss Duck sat down yesterday so 35 days gets us to...May 13th-ish? I might take up her eggs tho and put the meat chicken eggs under her from last summer's Red Broiler hens.
* Speaking of... lost one of the dinner chicks last nite for no apparent reason. Ick.
* Runner's chicken chicks are doing great - very lively and are eating well. She has been sitting on them at night and stands next to the coop during the day. We take her up during the day because she accidentally killed one...there was crying by me.
* The three jakes/toms have volunteered for the freezer. Soon.
* Still nothing from Little Nibbles altho her udder looked really tight today... so maybe in the next couple days?
* Had a light frost/freeze last nite - had everything covered so should be ok.. Blooms on fruit trees are OK.
In irritating news...
* New 'almost neighbor's" dog was over twice yesterday 4/9/2010 in the afternoon. We chased him off because he was chasing the poultry...but he came over again. The Big Man "went over there" and talked to the owners.
* Dog was also in our yard the day before 4/8/2010 in the afternoon... the younger woman came and got him.
* Today we worked on fencing and no one was happy. But we got the front of our property fenced and thru another half roll of field fence. We'll need to get more tomorrow.
And now I am going to bed. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!