Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, April 19, 2010

Goat babies galore!

Little Nibbles finally popped! Two fabulous mini-skip poppers.. oh golly they are cute! More on this with the play-by-play but for now check out these little lumpkins... both doelings. One has the small La Mancha ears and the other looks like Dumbo with big ol' floppy mule like ears (from her Nigerian Dwarf daddy).

Little Nibbles before - she looked like the Hindenburg


After:

Look at these little charmers - they are so little! More like "pocket goats" than anything!

And look at those ears.... wow!
Right after the big show:


With my size 7.5 shoe for scale - look how little!

Everyone is doing great. It was almost freezing last nite so we turned on the heat lamp after I took Nibbles some warm water + molasses as a "pick me up" .....and made sure she had some grain. This morning everyone was up and nursing - all systems are go!

And of course... the neighbor gal totally saved the day. She arrived just in the nick of time to deliver the babies who were both breech.

Happy Monday everyone! Get out there and garden!

9 comments:

Sally said...

Woo Hoo!! Ohmigosh, they are so cute I can't stand it!! Congrats girl! Babies, babies everywhere! (I walked around all morning doing chores with a chick in my pocket! :o)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hey Sally! Do you have a peep in your pocket! Yay! How many babies did you end up with?

Sally said...

She is still sitting, we have 3 out, one died in the shell :o( and one or two more almost out. Just a few left to go. :o)

I finally got rid of the dreaded rooster who was literally holding us all hostage (emotionally). I made an appointment with the thearpist...I think we will be fine. ;o)

Chai Chai said...

I love the one with the dumbo ears!!!
Send him here- I think I may have a magic feather!

Unknown said...

They are both so cute!!
I'm so rolling in goat envy right now!
wonder how fast I can put up a goat pen............

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

I refuse to believe that you can still say you don't LOVE YOUR GOATS after all this! Look at those precious babies!!! Oh. My. Gosh. I need those babies. Here. Now. Right now. I gotta go kiss my goats now.

Mimi said...

There is an award waiting for you on my blog. Come and get it...

Those goat babies are so cute, I just want to hug them!!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hi everyone! I'm swooning from all the cuteness. I was holding off the love until we brought one in the house and she got some snuggles... oh geez...*heart flutter*

Gosh Mimi! seriously... ah shucks and all.. *blush* Really, thank you.

One Sunny Acre said...

Unbelievably cute! I could look at pictures of baby goats all day!

Goats are next on my list of mini-farm acquisitions. I can't wait to have some sweet furry kids of my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...