Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, May 17, 2010

Nicholas's Hard Day #2

You'll remember Nicholas, our 17 pounder (Maine Coon x raccoon)  from when he was checking out the mini pop's here....and also from his previous hard day here.

Yesterday he received the crushing news that Law & Order has been canceled. To ease his grief he watched an all day L & O marathon, ate a bowl of popcorn, and cried himself to sleep on the couch. I think I heard him muttering something about "It just wasn't the same without Lenny...."


A hard day indeed, Nicholas...Don't worry pal, you've always got the NCIS franchise to fall back on.


Nicholas's Hard Day #1
Nicholas's Hard Day #2
Nicholas's Hard Day #3
Nicholas's Hard Day #4
Nicholas's Hard Day #5
Nicholas's Hard Day #6 
Nicholas's Hard Day #7
Nicholas's Hard Day#8
Nicholas's Hard Day #9 
Nicholas's Hard Day #10

9 comments:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

LOL! I heart Nicholas! What a boy you've got there. *sigh*

Ha - my word verification is "unatiful" - and that's exactly what I think Nicholas is in that picture!

Alaena said...

We have three kitty cats at our house, and the one that is "mine" is a Maine Coon that we adopted as a young 'un at a local rescue. BEST. CAT. EVER. He is my little buddy and has the best personality! I could do without the early morning cat food breath kisses, but he's still the coolest cat I've ever owned.

Mama Mess said...

Poor Nicholas!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

The funniest thing about Nicholas is how BIG he is! And he's full of personality... Little Mo is his best little buddy. Mo weighs about 8 pounds soaking wet so the two of them are a pair...a pair of tricksters that is!

Nicolas came to us as a stray. He walked right out of a corn field and into my arms. We think he may have been a descendant of Dragon, The Scariest BarnCat Ever.

small farm girl said...

Poor Nicholas!( I was going to say poor little Nicholas, but, well, you know). I heard they are coming out with another type of Law and Order. Maybe that will help him out of his slump.

Too funny!!!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Yep.. we can only hope that L&O:LA will put that pep back in his step. But lets me honest, they can't compete with LL Cool J on NCIS! Whoot!

Chai Chai said...

"Mmm, mmm, mmm, who would have thought that ducklings went so good with popcorn?" (I'll just cough up the nappies after my nap!)

kcsunshine said...

Nicholas is right - It's just not the same without Lenny...Maybe you could turn him on to The Mentalist.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hi Karen!

Poor Nicholas tried The Mentalist, but he said he just wasnt CBS's target audience. I might have to order some old seasons on DVD for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...