Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin shortage? We ain't got no pumpkin shortage!

I saw on another site that there is some kind of canned pumpkin shortage? Really? I thought that was an urban legend.

Doesn't look like a shortage of pumpkins here....


Tons and tons of pumpkins... of all kinds. Even really big ones!


And really small ones...

OK technically these are gourds.. but I still like 'em!


Happy Pumpkin Day!

6 comments:

Mama Mess said...

My mom was totally convinced there was a canned pumpkin shortage. I've seen it in the stores though. I can see it's obvious that you aren't having a punkin shortage in your neck of the woods though! Those are some beauties. The Youngun and I went punkin pickin' on Tuesday!

Mr. H. said...

Yes, but no one can figure out how to get them into those tiny little cans.:)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

GW - I just love pumpkins... one day I'm gonna grow one of those whoopers... the 1000 lbs ones? oh yes.... one day.

Mr. H - to get them in a can, first take a hammer.. hee hee hee I still get funny looks when I tell folks I cooked down a pumpkin. They don't believe me that you can use one to make a pie. Those marketing guys at Libbys are geniuses!

Chai Chai said...

One has only to believe in the Great Pumpkin and all their Halloween wishes will be fulfilled.

Pumpkin shortage, bah.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hey! Should we sing Pumpkin Carols?

meemsnyc said...

Wow, look at all those pumpkins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...