Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin snacks

So what do you do with all those pumpkins?  Snacks, baby. Whoot!

The nearby pumpkin festival has all the pumpkin snacks you could possibly imagine. And some you'd never come up with. Here are a few scenes...

The main street - with all the pumpkin snacks you could imagine...


Orange is the color of the day...

So many things to choose from...


The pumpkin cream puffs are legendary..


And who can resist kettle corn?


Unless you are holding out for a funnel cake... We tracked down this same vendor from the county fair we went to. I think he thought we were stalking him but we just wanted another "buckeye" funnel cake. Fried dough with peanut butter and chocolate sauce, seriously.


But the best thing? Pumpkin burgers. I know...who would have guessed?


I found a recipe here for pumpkin burgers. But usually I usually just wing it. Make sloppy joes (yes, from scratch not from a can of Manwhich) and add pumpkin puree and pumpkin related spices, such as allspice or even pumpkin pie spice. I use a combination of allspice and cinnamon. You'd never guess, but its delicious.

Happy Thursday everyone! Now get out there and get some pumpkins and make some snacks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Now you did it - I think I'm gonna have to drive down for a cream puff! I've never been to the pumpkin festival, can you believe that?
-Java

Unknown said...

...and as I kept reading I saw the words "buckeye funnel cake" Buckeye is my favorite flavor, drool. Sheesh, I think we need to go to your county fair next year - ours didn't have anything nearly that delectable.
-Java

Anonymous said...

Buckeye balls - LOVE 'EM
Funnel cake - Love it!

Now you're telling me I can mix the two!?! Delish!

And those pumpkin sloppy joes, think I might have to try that, thanks for sharing :-)

Mr. H. said...

Whoopie pies and fried dough with peanut butter and chocolate sauce...you all eat some pretty strange food over there in Ohio.:)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

You have no idea, Mr. H.... we midwest folks really know how to strap on the ol' feedbag...especially when it comes to snacks! i think i'm still on a sugar high for all of it! ha! well... it makes me work faster i guess
;-)

Mama Mess said...

Those punkin cream puffs really look good!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

and they are deeeee-lishious! and as big as pumpkins too
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...