Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, October 7, 2010

You know its hard times when...

Friends, I am here to tell you that you know its hard times when they are closing down the liquor store.

Yep.

I'm visiting friends who are in a pickle. So I went on down to the liquor store to get a few boxes to get some things packed up.... and they told me they were closing down the state liquor store. That, friends, is a sign of the times.

I'm guessing them boys who said The Recession is over haven't been laid off. Yet.

Wonder if they are having a sale on tequila....hum.... that would be something. By the way - the liquor boxes are great for packing as they are heavy duty and the right size to easily be carried.

Anyway, I'll be off-farm for a couple more days. The Big Man is holding down the fort and keeping the masses under control.

Hope you are enjoying the mild fall weather and getting all your chores done.

5 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Hope you get the pickle all canned up and straightened out.

Anonymous said...

Wow ... just, WOW!

Grandpa said...

Oh dear...what a pity. Reserve a bottle of beefeater for me, can?

Have a good break OFG, wl see you later

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks folks! Yep. Its a dilly for sure.

And I'll try and save all the bottles I can
;-)

I'm getting caught up here but you won't believe what happened when I was gone. I'll have news later today.

Chai Chai said...

Time to put some of the "extra" corn to a new use....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...