Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, September 7, 2012

Cherokee Purple

Finally! My late-planted Cherokee Purple tomatoes are finally ripe!


Aren't they just beautiful? I love the green shoulders. And they are delicious. To me, these are a great eating tomoato altho I'm kinda thinking I'll make a salsa with these "purple" maters and all yellow peppers just because I think that would be fun.

We have more rain coming this weekend so I'm doing all the weeding I can before this place is a over run. And I need to get my alfalfa planted. I have high hopes for next year's hay.

Happy Friday everyone! Are you enjoying your favorite tomato today?

5 comments:

Damummis said...

I FINALLY have tomatoes and they are coming out my ears!! Yay for the love apple.

Heiko said...

For me this was one of the earliest varieties to harvest! Delisious indeed!

David said...

Alas, the romas are done, the "Old German did not do well and the cherries are splitting faster than I can pick them. Not my best year for tomatoes. Enjoy yours!

Sandra said...

Cherokee's are great tomatoes. My favorite all around tomato.

JeffJustJeff said...

I had an awful tomato year. Luckily, I'm smack dab in the middle of Amish Central and can get them cheap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...