Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Frost and Pile of Bacon

Happy Sunday everyone!  I wanted to quickly note for my notes that we had a pretty hard frost.


Our official "last frost date" is usually Mother's Day.  But of course I don't have any hoots about that so I ran right out there and planted a bunch of stuff over the last couple of weeks. Luckily for me my hoops are totally working.



At the time I really struggled with cutting up so much field fence to make the hoops but wow this is really working out. It was a breeze to go out last nite and roll out the row cover. I could actually cover two rows with one length of fabric.

In other news... you have got to check out this pile of bacon.

Happy Sunday everyone!


3 comments:

David said...

Happy Sunday to you! No frost here and finally two days of sun. The flood has receded and things are almost normal. Glad your row covers worked out for you!

Chai Chai said...

Have you ever rolled one over in the morning and found a surprise inside?

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Dave, these are totally working out - so glad i took the plunge.

CC - under a pile of bacon or a hoop house? answer = nope.
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...