Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Saturday, April 13, 2013

What Bacon Day Looks Like

I'll just leave these pictures right here - it's what bacon day looks like.....

A table full of bacon.... that wrapped one is pancetta ready to be hung.

This bacon all smoked and lovely.


All that bacon-y goodness....

Some of it was really meaty and amazing...


So good you just gotta fry some up in a pan....


And then take an arty picture of it.....

At this point I can safely say that I will mock anyone who actually buys pre-cooked bacon at the store. Friend, if your life is such that you don't even have time to fry bacon in a pan then you have some re-evaluatin' to do....  What I got here is the real deal, signed, sealed, delivered... Bacon, I'm yours!

Happy Saturday everyone!


7 comments:

buddeshepherd said...

I just fried bacon in my cast iron skillet. I traded a mix of ground oats/barley/clover/alfalfa hay/ peas and a little soy meal to my neighbor for a pig. It was a black and white, old breed and really fat. There is an inch of bacon grease in the pan. I poured it into a tin and it is as white as snow. Don't have a clue what to do with it.
Next in the skillet were pancakes. My daughter had a sleep-over. Four girls in a tent in the hay shed. Kept them out of the rain and the giggles away from the house.
Can't decide if I should use the air-horn or a roll of firecrackers to wake them up.

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

The picture of perfection in a frying pan!!!

Unknown said...

Quit torturing us already and sell some! Hey I'd buy a slab packed in dry ice :)

Horst in Edmonton said...

Now that's what I call Bacon. MMmmmm
good Bacon. Wow, to bad you live so far away, I definitely would invite myself over for some of that Bacon for breakfast and a great talk about farming. Have yourself a great Sunday.

Mark Willis said...

They should make air-fresheners in Bacon flavour! The smell of frying bacon is just wonderful. That pig must have been well fed: it certainly built up a good layer of fat.

David said...

Can I get an Amen?

Ohiofarmgirl said...

thats the way to get 'er done, Budd.. you keep that grease and use it for just about everything ;-)

thanks MistyM!

hee hee hee, Nancy.. aw shucks...

hi Horst! i have lots of friends with all this bacon ;-)

Yep, Mark, this was one of our winter pigs - and it was the biggest hog we've ever had. its size was unprecedented.

...and amen, Dave.. yep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...