Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, October 30, 2014

First real frost

We had our first real frost this morning so I need to note this for my records. While we did have a few cold morning and a kinda-frost earlier... this one really hit the mark.

These zinnias have been beautiful all fall... I think they are done now.

Yep. It's a real frost.

Yesterday, while Nicholas was breaking the mower, I was hard at work cleaning up the garden. My only regret was that I forgot about a few tomatoes.

I should have taken these into the house. 

The celery got a little frosty.

I covered up the celery that was still in the garden. But when I checked this morning I saw that some of the cover had blown off... so I hope these guys are OK.

The weather guys are all hopping around talking about how we might get some snow this weekend so it looks like we'll be in hibernation mode soon.  We've been working on getting some firewood but we need to get it stacked up near the house.

Happy Thursday everyone! Did you get a frost?

1 comment:

Vera said...

Crikey, but your cold weather sure comes in fast in your part of the world! Hope you have your thermals on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...