Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ew!

Things that are gross.....
Ew! The ducks were over joyed for this crunchy snack.

I was not happy at all to find a snail on one of my precious Mountain Gold tomatoes. These are my favorite yellow variety of tomato - they are big and bold and luscious....and very hard to find.

Earlier this summer I finally found the seeds at a commercial grower website. I thought $4.95 was a lot to pay for a pack of seeds. But I got about a billion seeds so I'll never have to buy them again.

I can't wait for the rest of my Mountain Golds to come in - hopefully without snails.

Happy Tuesday everyone - are you raking in the harvest? How's your weather? I gotta get out there - we are going to be hot all week.


2 comments:

David said...

Hard to keep up with the harvests at the moment Weather is very hot for rest of the week.

lizzybaxter said...

With all your chickens you still have snails? Darned chickens, tell them to get to work, jeez!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...