Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, September 28, 2015

No one was home.

This is what happens when you don't clean out the greenhouse.......

Hey! What's in my bucket?

At first I thought it was a mouse nest...but then we looked closer and it was a bird nest!

But no one was home. 

One of my goals this week is to get the greenhouse ship shape. My season extension project is a little muddled right now. For whatever reason I can't get my lettuce to sprout. I think I'm on my third tray of seeds that went no where. So that is a little frustrating. Maybe I need to start my seeds inside... this could be the work of mice. We've had really mild weather tho so I have a little bit of time to get organized...and to see if anyone else is living in my greenhouse.

Happy Monday everyone!!! Did you find anything interesting in your greenhouse?


2 comments:

PJ said...

My tiny greenhouse is being used as a drying place for corn on the cob for chicken snacks later this year and pop corn for people snacks also sunflowers, onions and a small amount of sweet potatoes.

Vera said...

I put some lettuce seeds straight into the ground but a few hours later saw the chickens having a root around in that very area!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...