Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, January 30, 2012

My biggest fear - realized. Almost. Pretty much.

Nicholas got a mouse last nite. Not just any mouse - but the King Mouse. I have a feeling the mouse retribution will be horrible. With this victory Nicholas crossed the Rubicon. There's no going back.

 No wonder Nicholas has been brushing up on his ancient battle general history. He fought the good fight.

I heard the battle rage in the pre-dawn hours. I laid there gripped with fear thinking that at any moment he would jump up on the bed with that mouse. Its my biggest fear.

He didn't. But when I got up this morning there were pieces of mouse residue all down the hallway. Big. Gross. Pieces.What a way to start the day. Its gotta get better, right?

That Nicholas. It's always something with that guy.

Happy Monday everyone and I hope that you didn't step on anything gross that squished this morning!

13 comments:

Robin said...

Good job Nicholas! It looks like it was a tough job!

Mr. H. said...

Here is something for you and Nicholas to look at together - http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/the-holy-monastery-of-saint-nicholas-of-the-cats.html

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

ugh! I gringed at the thought :o( but that's his job. I hope its a quiet Monday..I worked the weekend. I plan to play on the Loom.

Sara said...

What? No pics of the massacre? :) I had a cat kill frogs and feed them to her kittens in my bed when I was little. Yech!

Heiko said...

If there's something good about our Micky, she eats them all. If it was a bird, there maybe a feather or two ledt over.

collieguy said...

Nicolas seems to have mastered the arts of strategy and warfare. If you were to loan him books on the fine points of charcuterie perhaps he could leave you with a more appetizing presentation. Mouse bacon?

1st Man said...

Funniest story of the day! Thanks!!! Love it.

Chai Chai said...

Looks like the Nutcracker has nothing to fear at your house this Christmas.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Robin, he was very pleased with himself and and grinned like a Cheshire relative....

Mr. H - Nicholas said that AT LAST they made special place for him. And sainthood.

Ginny, it totally gave me the oogly-booglies... great work on the work!

Sara, it was even too gross for me. Altho you may have won with that frog story. Ick!

Heiko - I think Itty Bitty showed Nicholas that the mice are a food source. Before he just played with them. He's turned to the dark side. Gross!

Collieguy, mouse bacon would be something to consider for sure....Nice pup, btw, is she trained to herd them pigz?

Thanks 1stMan, it was funnier after I scrubbed the mouse guts out of the carpet. Blech!

CC - ....somewhere in a darkened corner of the house Nicholas sharpened his claws to Tchaikovsky...and muttered, "That's right you sugar plums, dance."

collieguy said...

She was born knowing what to do with pigs and has saved me a million steps. Even Tamworth sows pretend they don't see an open gate.

Ann from KY said...

Dead mouse is much better than alive mouse. My father in law was using the restroom once and a mouse ran across the top of his bare feet!! Much worse than dead mouse pieces!! The wild thing was is that it is a fancy house in town!! You just never know!

David said...

Good kitty!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Collieguy, you might want to take another run at breeding your sows... folks will pay big bucks for Tams these days. My pig guy ships his all over the country. :-)

Ann - thats hilarious! I think we all need more cats. ha!

Nicholas is a keeper for sure, Dave....even if he is something else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...