Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter eggs

No lights, I put them all to bed at dusk, and no special layer mix.... and look! An arm full of eggs!


The ladies are still workin' even in the dead of January.

Happy Friday everyone! Anyone want a fried egg sandwich?


13 comments:

Veggie PAK said...

Fried egg sandwich. Mmmm! Sounds good to me!

freemotion said...

Will you put crispy bacon on mine? And a little goat Gouda? Thanks!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Is my chicken laying eggs yet?

Mr. H. said...

I would. Can I have bacon and a bit of hot sauce on my egg sandwich please.:) Nice eggs.

KatB said...

I'd love one, but I hardly get an egg every three days from my 12 lazy girls. :)

Autumn said...

Fried egg "sammies" (that's what they get called at our house) are the best on a winter morning!

CindyB said...

Oh, count me in!

Chai Chai said...

Egg production here is way down, I even had to buy some eggs over Christmas. I hope to never do that again, they were tasteless.

Happy Farming Momma said...

Wow that is great. Hope our new chickens will start laying soon. I have the light on for them! That is a beautiful bunch of eggs.

Mary Ann said...

Those are some beautiful eggs!

Twinkle995 said...

Over here in the UK we are having a mild winter this year & I have regularly had between 4 to 6 eggs a day all through the months since they stopped molting. It's great not having to buy any; this is the first year this has happened.
I hope you have a great year OFG.

Hattie the Hen

David said...

Eggs - I can't wait!

Vanessa said...

Those eggs are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...