Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, November 21, 2011

"G" is for love.....

Actually "G" is for gingerbread. Dontcha just loooooooove gingerbread? I found a new recipe and you just have to try it - look what you get...


For the life of me I can't remember what I was doing looking at this blog.  But I started clicking around and I found this recipe for Marion's Gingerbread.  I don't know who Marion is, but wow does she have some ass kickin' gingerbread!

This isn't the sticky gooey melty topped gingerbread that I sometimes make.  Its more cakelike but the addition of black pepper really puts some pep in your step. I can't find Chinese Five Spice around here but I made do with what I had and added some cloves and more cinnamon. Instead of the black strap molasses you can find at the store I used Mr. Miller's fresh from the farm sorghum molasses. Just heavenly.


Of course the afternoon I made this fine gingerbread I couldn't just let it be lonely in the bowl so I added some caramel sauce and plopped on some fresh whipped cream. But in the mornings I just heated up a slice of this gingerbread and poured on the fresh milk. Any way you slice it, this gingerbread is a taste sensation. But whatever you do don't skimp on the black pepper - you'll thank me.

Speaking of love, does everyone know my friend Kris? She had such a beautiful story the other day I just had to give her a shout out. Kris is very very funny and she is very smart. She really knows her "heritage skills" and she can make do with just about nothing. She always has a good word and is a wonderful example of a Godly woman. Thanks, Kris for this remarkable post.

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

What a fine example of someone living the word of god. Momma was like that. Anyway, that lady's post gave me the warm and fuzzies.

What do you think about some really good french vanilla ice cream with that gingerbread?

Veggie PAK said...

Wow! Does that look delicious! The pictures make my mouth water! I love gingerbread!

TanksHill said...

G is for love???

Oh I gotta try this one. I love a good gingerbread!!

Thanks, Gina

David said...

Gingerbread was one of the first things I learned to make many years ago with my late mother. Thanks for reminding me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...