Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I didn't think anything interesting would happen today...

..until I almost walked into this SWARM OF BEEZ!

Holy cow! Look at them!

They are in one of the smaller fruit trees in the garden - and wouldn't you know it... My hubs is working today. Drat. I'm going to go and set a nuc box up by them and hope he gets home before they fly away.

Look at that!

And no, I'm not going to capture them. I am not the beekeeper in this family. Mostly my job is to stand on the porch with a can of Raid and yell to my husband, "NO! DO NOT RUN THIS WAY!"

I hope they hang around for a while so he can get them.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Do you expect anything interesting to happen today? How about some free beez?


3 comments:

Weekend Cowgirl said...

We have a tree with bees. They have been there before and last time they were morphing into the bad strain which will attack you. We will have to figure out something soon!!!

Vera said...

We have two empty hives here, so would come and help you out....but, well, there is the question of the Atlantic Ocean in between us! Hope your husband manages to sort them out......

David said...

That is pretty cool. I've never seen that in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...