Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Stock losses.

* Upon hearing of the terrible stock losses, OFG runs out and counts chickens, goats, and pigz.... *

Poultry is the new currency. We are loaded. 

Every body here is present and accounted for... I dunno what stock losses they are talking about.

There is one casualty tho - as usual Nicholas is sitting around watching the stock ticker.... you know he can't handle it.

Happy Wednesday everyone! No stock losses here. Good luck, suckers!




4 comments:

Heavens Door Acres said...

No stock losses here. There may be "casualties of war" But nothing was "lost" They are in the freezer, right where I left them! ;)

Amanda H. said...

None here either, unless you count my remaining tomatoes that the hens got into this week. Good thing I picked most of them earlier that morning. Between this and the bird flu, I agree with you that chickens are the next currency. But let's not tell them that, else it will go to their heads...

David said...

bah - low market means time to buy. Got a nice stash on the canning shelf.

Theresa Donohue said...

My stock portfolio only consists of chickens at the moment.

I need to hurry up and move so I can diversify with a cow, goats, and horses (and maybe sheep).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...