Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer BBQ - dogs and ribs

Yesterday was a terrific summer day. We ran right home and started rubbing our ribs and then The Big Man fired up the smoker.

Zander had his eye fixed on the smoker.

We set up down closer to the pond where we've been hanging out with the dogs in the evening. There was just the right amount of shade. We even used the Bacon Wagon of Doom as a work surface for tools while the ribs smoked.

The dogs helped. It was a dog-o-riffic day. 

Even Shine came down to help supervise. He is right as rain now and is completely healed up. We are so glad he got his meow back.

 The ribs turned out perfectly.... a little spicy but they were just delicious!


Bubby was a little derpy. What a guy!

I dug some potatoes and we made potato salad also - it was a terrific summer day. Dogs. Ribs. What else could we need?

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend?


2 comments:

Heavens Door Acres said...

Well, my weekend was NOT as perfect as yours....I worked Saturday but had Sunday off...First day off in 14 days. I had so much I wanted to get done...but didn't. Haha! I DID pick 5 gallons of grapes and made 3 trays ( a pint and a half) of raisins. The rest are going to be turned into wine...yum.

David said...

Those ribs look wonderful! idiot me picks the day to do canning! 95 in the shade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...