Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pie!

I don't know about you but I had pie for breakfast.....

Blueberry pie, before the sun even came up. 

I made a versions of this perfect pie but used blueberries instead of strawberries. Same method, same-ish measurements. I used more blueberries to make more of the cooked filling. This was a good choice so that the fresh blueberries were entirely coated with the "gel" layer. I didn't want any fresh berries to roll around. I still had a few escapees but they didn't get far.

Happy Sunday everyone! Go and make pie!


2 comments:

Vera said...

Oh yummy! We had plain old toast and marmite for our breakfast!

IanH said...

Whip Cream! It needs lots and lots of Whip Cream!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...