Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Farmer Liz Interviews OFG - Get started growing your own!

Check it out!

Thanks to Farmer Liz for interviewing Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in the Good Land.  She is doing a terrific series interviewing folks about how to get started growing your own. This is great because some folks just don't know how or where to start. You can see how other people got started and learn some valuable skills. Best of all you can get your confidence up by seeing how other people got started.

I really love Farmer Liz - she has cows. And its fun to see what she's working on a world away in Australia. When its winter I especially love to see her blog and be reminded that summer isn't too far away.

I was so honored when she invited me to participate in this series. My best advice is start where you are, use what you've got, and do what you can. Anyone can participate in a community garden, grow a few tomatoes in a container garden, start some raised beds, rip out your lawn and put in a real garden, or go all out and get a tractor and plant a field of grains for their barnyard animals.

How about you? Where would you start? Any thoughts on this?

Happy Tuesday everyone! Be sure to wish Farmer Liz a G'Day down there in Oz!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks to Farmer Liz for connecting me your blog. I dont have a farm or "critter" but i do have my very loyal blog friend Shelby, also in Ohio, who is new to farming who does have goats and alpaca's (she spun who own fibre this week) and im sure you two would get along fine. Her blog is Fresh Eggs Farm. Greetings from Down Under in Oz.

David said...

SUper interveiw, I and I agree, do what yoy can, start with what you can handle. It ALL makes a difference!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...