Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Adorable kitten pix

As promised from yesterday's post, I'm happy to provide these pictures of an adorable kitten... Little Mo was mugging it up for the camera.  He is very possibly a black hole of cuteness... you can't help but get sucked in.

I mean seriously - how cute is he?

Little Mo was the Worlds Worst Barncat. So we moved him inside and now he is not even remotely interested in going back outside. For anything. Ever. I mean never. If I open the door he runs the other way.

While our boy Shine is The King of Barncats wields his "Daggers of Doom" and strikes fear into the hearts of rodents everywhere... Little Mo just doesn't have that killer instinct. So we call him Mr. Doom Spoons. A more subdued version of "daggers of doom."


Pretty much Little Mo just lazes about all day... being cute. Doing cute things. Making cute noises. Little Mo's whole world consists of snuggling, lounging, having his yums, and trying to get the other cats to lick his face. That's all. He's not very deep, but we sure love him.

Now, has everyone recovered from yesterday's butchering post? If not...gaze into the cuteness that is Mr. Doom Spoons....resistance is futile.....

7 comments:

Mama Mess said...

LOL! Girl you crack me up!

Mr. H. said...

That's much better, I was still recovering from that grim chicken post. Actually, I'm glad you posted about the chickens and the link with pictures was helpful too. We might be throwing our old hens a little going away party this fall to make way for the next generation of layers and I needed a refresher course.

Also, thanks for tip #5, I didn't know about chilling the birds.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

hey GW! sending hugs!

Yep, Mr. H, sometimes the circle of life spins mighty tightly around here. So you really have to celebrate the joy...and cowboy up when the hard stuff comes.

Chilling the birds (immediately to 40* and then for a couple days) is really one of the most important steps. Some folks use a superbig cooler filled with ice and water which works really well. Our beer fridge is really reliable so we can count on it.

You'll do great with your older hens. Just pace yourself, focus on task, and try to find your joy.
:-)

Chai Chai said...

For some reason, I'm not sure why, I think Cats are the most Majestic of Gods creatures. Especially the Oscicats - and I like chicken, and rats, and mice, and birds, and......

Ohiofarmgirl said...

majestic? um.. have you seen this one:
http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2010/08/baby-its-hot-in-kitchenand-canning.html

ha! and yes, there is a wonderful mystery about cats.

Chai Chai said...

I'll see your Nicholas and raise this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598IdFlOXcQ&feature=player_embedded

We cats can't help being adorable - serve us!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Ohmigolly... I think I "need" more kittens! ha!

I could waste all day here:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/

hee hee hee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...