Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Kitchen Garden - its all about the greens.

Its all about the greens this fall.



I'm thrilled that my kitchen garden, just steps from the door, worked out. I have lots of kale and swiss chard within easy access.


And I think its kind of pretty with all the colors. That's purple basil in the front left and a butternut squash on the right under a jungle of swiss chard.

I've been sauteing bacon and greens for breakfast - topped with an egg and finished with grated cheese. Its a great meal that I'll be enjoying all fall. Along with some baked applesauce, of course.

5 comments:

Grandpa said...

Nice and colorful vegies!

I am reading this at 6 am our time, and feeling v hungry for some breakfast!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hi Grandpa! I love it when you stop by! Enjoy that vacation and keep sending pix!

Mr. H. said...

I wish our garden was closer to the house. I love the pictures, you really do have a lovly kitchen garden. It is 5:29 PM here and you are making me hungry too.:)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hey Mr. H! Yep its a breeze to step out for herbs and such. I ripped up some "yard" to put in the kitchen garden.. but who am I kidding? No grass! More garden! Isn't that we we gardeners do? Whoot!

How funny that you and Grandpa are 12 hours apart!

Anonymous said...

That breakfast sounds great!
Beautiful pictures of your kitchen garden. My garden is miles away from my kitchen, but it works somehow...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...