Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh FUDGE!

As if you need one more reason to run right out and get dairy goats..... FUDGE!

Oh golly - I don't even have any pictures.... but wow! You have got to hear about goat milk fudge. Sure I knew about it - but I'm not really a fudge kind of person. Or so I thought.

Roll Farms shared this a while ago... I hadn't really thought about it but yesterday it got the better of me.

These super easy instructions might make purists cringe.. but the rest of us are digging in:

Ingredients:
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Goats Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Broken pecans or walnuts

Combine Sugar and cocoa thoroughly in a large microwavable bowl by sifting it together. Make a well in the center of the mixture.  Place cut up butter and milk in the well.  

DO NOT STIR!!!!

Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Remove and add vanilla, stirring to blend. Stir in nuts and put into buttered dish or pan.

Mine never really made it to the "pour into a buttered pan" stage... mostly I just stood there and ate it out of the bowl with a spoon.

And then I had it for breakfast this morning.

What are you waiting for? Go and find a dairy goat! Quick!

6 comments:

Weekend Cowgirl said...

My goats don't have milk. This recipe looks so good think I will try it with combination of cream and milk!

Melanie said...

oh my fudgey goodness! I want some so bad, but need to separate my kids and does - i'm just not getting any milk from those stingy stinkers!

Unknown said...

I could see me standing in the middle of the kitchen eating the whole darn batch - sounds yummy and nothing better that goats milk.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

soooo delicious!

Melanie -surely they could give up 1/4 cup!? ha ha!

hi WEC! i'm sure cream would do the trick.

Sue - basically that was me first thing this morning! whoot!

Melanie said...

You would think boer/nubian crosses would be generous with their mammaries. alright thats it... stingy goats be darned... i'm gonna get me a quarter cup tonight. Watch out girls - here I come!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Go get 'em! Remember - Be the Boss Goat!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...