Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Star and more


I was shocked to my shoes when Grandpa from Life on The Farm passed on the You Deserve a Star Award to me.

Me? Seriously? When I clicked back thru the sites that this award has passed to I was even more shocked ....it came from real writers. They talked about the art of writing, their habits, and what inspires them. I don't consider myself a writer. At all. More of a teller of ridiculous things that happen to me.

I think I'm a bit of a disappointment to those real writers. I talk about whatever is happening out in the barnyard. Folks ask me where I come up with this stuff and honestly, I don't make it up. Its all happening right out there in front of me. I'm just a reporter here on this funny farm.

My writing habits are a bit lame. Most of the time I'm at my "Command Center" - my laptop on my baking table in the kitchen. Usually there are at least 2 or 3 members of The Insane Cat Posse fighting to get up on my lap. Almost always there is barn dirt on the floor around me from when I drug it in on my boots. Half the time I have one ear open toward the barnyard listening for malfeasance... and more than likely there is something going on stove. So I pound out a couple sentences and try to keep myself organized. 

Mostly I blame my friend, Kelly, for all this nonsense. She really got me organized and headed in the right direction. She is a real writer. And editor. And coach. After a lot of prodding from her I started this blog last winter and I guess it just kinda took on a life of its own. I think she liked my stories that I'd send her about what was going on here. So that's how it all started.

I am glad, tho, if I made you laugh....or helped you solve a barnyard problem... or gave you an inspiration to get out there and do something farm-y.

So, Grandpa, I humbly thank you very much. I'm a little bashful about these things, but I'm very honored.

I think Kelly would be a little disappointed if I didn't include a funny story... so I'm doing a second post today with the real life tale that got this whole thing started.

But first... I think I'm supposed to pass this along...

First for Kelly because this is all her fault.....

And for Mimi - back atcha, baby!

5 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations for winning this award! You are such a funny girlie.......;)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks GW! Wishing you well and sending hugs!
:-)

Mimi said...

Thanks for the award! You are so great!! :0)

Sorry I haven't been around. I found work!! Yippee!! I've been so busy and tired!! But... it's all good!!

Anne Eston said...

I keep telling you Farm Girl, once you write some words, YOU'RE A WRITER! So I blame you. And I love you. So there. :):)

Chai Chai said...

Well deserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...