So we got a bucket of chicken on Sunday....
Thank heaven those stinky birds are out of our basement. They smelled bad and there was a lot of peeping. We'd been keeping both sets of creepy meats in the basement because we've had iffy weather and we needed a couple dry days to get the hen house shoveled out and cleaned up.
For now we have the older and younger groups separated in one of our coops. I used a cut down hog panel to divide a big coop. Both groups have feeders and waterers - they just can't roam around together. The bigger ones were just too big and threw their weight around a little too much. I'm keeping the standard chicks (2 Wyandottes and 3 mutt chicks the duck hatched) in the house. We need to set up a new area for them - right now a couple of the duck hens are trying to set nests in our spare coops!
Saturday we finally had a dry and sunny day. We had an epic burn pile and then we worked on fencing for the new pig area! We'll get our oinkers pretty soon and we are thrilled. But today we drug our goats, Debbie and Nibbles, down to the new pig yard so they can clear the high brush out enough so we can run the electric. Nibbles had a break down and is going to "call someone" about the rough treatment. But - both Nibbles and Debbie's milk production was off the charts. They'll be down there again tomorrow.
Have a great Monday everyone!