Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blooming Buzz and that new thingy on the right

Finally we have our sunny fall! Yesterday the weather broke and we are out of any danger of frost, have clear skies...and sun sun sun!
What the heck is it?

Right now this white fluffy stuff is blooming like mad. The beez cant get enough of it so I'm not even cutting it down or ripping it out. This bloomed after the ragweed started declining. Any body know what it is?

In housekeeping news - see that new gadget on the right under "About Me"? Its a new feature for me. Some folks can't access blogger at work and so here is a way to keep in touch. Get each day's post on your email.  Its easy peasy to do - just enter your email and then verify the subscription by clicking on the link. This is a new feature for me so if anybody wants to give it a test - let me know how it works!

Hope everyone is outside enjoying the sunshine! I'm working on ripping out the rest of the garden and enjoying every sunny minute of it.

Happy Thursday everyone!


6 comments:

Jody said...

Finally, sunshine! Last night was in the high 30's. Our tomoto plants didn't like that at all. I don't know what the flower is, but it sure is pretty.

Anonymous said...

I think it is some kind of wild aster. We have them here in Kentucky too.

Unknown said...

I have that stuff all over too! and I have no idea what it is. It's the favorite hangout area for the ducks and chickens and I think it's pretty so I let it go crazy.

Carolyn said...

I think those are a type of aster. Glad the bees are getting their fill before the cold weather sets in.

Jill said...

Kind of looks like chamomile???

small farm girl said...

The old timers call it frost weed. Probably because when it blooms, it's time for frost. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...