Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Day. Interrupted.

One of my friends laughed when she heard we were getting the puppy. She asked me if I was caught up with everything because I'd never get anything done now on puppy time.


Yep. Pretty much I'm getting things done in about five minute increments. Then its take the puppy out, feed the puppy, play with the puppy, lather, rinse, repeat. I love it. We love having little Zander - who's already growing really fast. We figure he'll be mobile soon enough so we are really enjoying this little dog-toddler phase. He can't even climb the stairs and still needs help getting out the door.


This was a couple days ago - you can see we used Nicholas for scale again. The pup is soooo little.

"Commander Zander" has been helping us with morning chores. Mostly he just runs around and wrestles with leaves. But this morning he toddled up to me while I was milking Debbie the goat. His little eyes nearly bugged right out of his head when he saw her udder. So I squirted a little milk at him. He drank right from the stream of milk! Debbie was disgusted but it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

So we are on puppy time now. Lots of interruptions..and wait.. yep.. looks like its time to take him out again.

Hope everyone had a great Friday!


4 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Your spoiling the heck out of that puppy! That cat won't tolerate that puppy much longer so you may as well enjoy the peace a little longer..How's my little chick doing ..I hope your giving it as much attention as your giving that pup!

drypond said...

Awww.... so cute, love the photo of him with your cat. I loved it when our little man was a puppy. They seem to grow so fast. Now we have a great friend who is almost always with us every were we go & loves everyone he meets.

Mr. H. said...

Life is good when it runs on puppy time. Ginny is right though, you are spoiling that lucky little dog.:)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Ginny, i'm totally spoiling this pup... ha! he'll get his soon enough.

thanks drypond! he's already rolling right thru his developmental milestones... the cutest is that his tail is starting to curl.

you said it, Mr. H... we are enjoying every second.. just five minutes at a time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...