Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, October 14, 2011

Zander Hannibal BoneCrusher

Meet our newest recruit, Zander Hannibal BoneCrusher....


...or Mr. Wuggums until he grows into his name. Isn't he adorable?

Zander is Kai's brother, but from another litter. It was about a year ago that we brought Kai home...and now we are thrilled to have two curly tailed bear killers in the house. She thought her little brother was amazing.

There was a lot of sniffing going on...and then he kinda just passed out.

 Its a lot of work being so cute. 

Zander came to us like almost all our furry friends - just a lucky happenstance... or as I'd like to think, by a divine appointment. I just so happened to send the folks we got Kai from a note on her birthday telling them how much we loved her.  And they just happened to have another litter of puppies....and we just happened to receive a little bit of money from heaven.... and the only pup that was available was named Zander. Which just happens to be my all time favorite dog name. And it didnt hurt that little Zander is (mostly) black and some white - just like a lot of our critters. We laughed and asked if we could see him. And then today we brought him home.

He's going to be huge. He's already  bigger than Kai was at this age - and his paws are enormous. But we like 'em big so we are really excited. And we are just weak in the knees at his cuteness. Right now Dog#2 is "watching the puppy" which will be his job. Dog#1 and Kai are with The Big Man, reinforcing their alpha status. We are going to have to manage this dog pack to maintain order.. but my friend SD has been giving me a great tutorial for keeping the peace.

Zander's name is a mouthful for sure. But you ancient military history nerds already know who he's named after two of the greatest miltary leaders of all time - Alexander the Great and Hannibal (of Carthage). The "BoneCrusher" is just cool. Sure Zander is a  misspelling..but thats OK because I like Z names. And no, not Hannibal Lecter of that ridiculous movie about the screaming sheep. Seriously, what could be better than the general who marched war elephants over the Alps to take on Rome? That guy had some 'hell yeah' for sure... just like our little guy is going to have one day.


But for now he's just going to be cute and we are gonna get all the puppy snuggles we can.  Welcome to the team, Zander, we're sure glad you're here!

Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Glad you know your History :o) His feet are as big as the other dog already :o)

JeffJustJeff said...

Ok, you're starting to weird me out. The boy name I picked out when we were thinking of adopting was Zander. Pretty much all of our pets are black and white... You're like my evil twin! Haha, couldn't resist. Check out my blog and see the pics of my goat girls so far. There's even pics of the deer wrasslin'. tilton1823.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Jeff

JeffJustJeff said...

Nevermind. I see you did visit my blog ;-)

chipmunk said...

Awwwwww, he is TOO CUTE!

Robin said...

What a cutie pie!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Yep Ginny, his paws are huge. He's gonna be something alright.

J - ha! yes I did! But hey... how did I get to be the evil twin?
;-)

Thanks Chipmunk - we think he's the beez kneez.

There's nothing like puppy snuggles, Robin.
:-)

Samantha said...

Oh my Lord..adorable isn't quite strong enough for what I want to say!

Mary Ann said...

Darling! We have five dogs and love every one of them!

Heiko said...

He's adorable, but I prefer Mr. Wuggems... :)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Isnt he something, Samantha? And we love the "new puppy" smell.
;-)

Mary Ann - and to think I didn't like dogs before! Ha! Now look at me...

Hello Heiko! He's sooooo snuggly!

Veggie PAK said...

Boy! How cute is HE!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks Vpak - isnt he a charmer?!?!
:-)

Unknown said...

HA! My name is Kai Zander (yeah, really). My dog looks just like Zander only his name is James Bond.

Unknown said...

My name is Kai Zander (yes, it really is). My dog looks SO much like Zander (only he is a full grown shih-tzu/ bichon frise mix). His name is James Bond.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

hi Kai! ok that is hilarious! you have the best name ever! :-D my Kai and Zander say hi and send hugs to James Bond. :-)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

ok Kai**... i laughed a little when you said what kind of dog you have - this is what Zander grew up to be:
http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2012/05/zander-foehammer-pig-hater.html

;-)
**also, is any of your family Hawaiian? Kai = the ocean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...