Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Holy Toledo! Yep. It snowed

So I think we are going to have an inside day.....

Winter. It's here.

It snowed! And wow our windchill is 18*. The dogs have already decided this is the best day of their whole lives. Pretty sure I'm going to have a baking day.

Dogs are made for snow.

I'm so glad we hurried to get our snow preps done yesterday. We hauled up some firewood from down the hill, finally cranked on the furnace, and make sure we had everyone out in the barnyard tucked in early and bedded down really well.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Are you having a snow day?


5 comments:

Heavens Door Acres said...

Yep, and it is a perfect first snow. Just enough to get everyone in the mood...and I can be happy, as I have everything and everyone ready for it too! I think today I will be baking bread...and put on a big pot of potato soup for supper...or maybe beef stew...or...chicken and noodle soup...Oh I LOVE cold weather meals! :)

Laura said...

We are down in SW Ohio. The chickens are not at all pleased to have to walk in the snow (they are all huddled up on some rocks) but the Newf is loving it!

SixSchlabies said...

Snow day here too...in central ohio. I don't mind the snow...but do mind frozen waterers. A baking day sounds great!

David said...

Snow and cold. Air temp was 18 this morning. Don't want to even think about wind chill

The Paisley Butterfly said...

We did have a snow day. My son was eager to go out and play in it. We waited until the following day to go out; which was much warmer, the sun out, causing the snow to dissipate quite quickly. He made snow pies, hid them in the shade, then we checked later to see how much they melted. It was fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...