Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Finally! A dry spell!

The weather guy said that we are now entering the longest stretch of dry weather since May! It's about time.

My trusty garden hat.

Yesterday I worked outside all day. Mostly it was on garden cleanup and hauling gravel. The weeds are out of control. It was great to be outside but my job was mostly tedious and boring. But I loved it.

My trusty garden dog.


Someone needs to do a lot of mowing. Hopefully it will not be me. I'm already on notice for trying to break the tiller. Anything could happen.

Everything I love about summer right here.

We are also loving more summer food. Last nite I made my favorite risotto.... sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and basil. It's perfect for summer.

No time to talk - I need to get out there. Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...